The Turtle Backpack, officially known as the Other Arms Rucksack, is a British Army contraption designed to transport luggage and equipment. Also known as an Engineers Pack or Other Arms Bergen. The rucksack was issued to non infantry units for carrying their kit from barracks to field bases, as opposed to a regular ruck which is suited for long hiking trips or reconnaissance missions.
The design allows the pack to be carried from the top, like a holdall, or on the back. Where most rucksacks would have straps or pockets on the outside, this pack leaves those areas blank to reduce snagging or items falling out of open pockets. Even the shoulder and waist straps can be hidden under a flap for catch-free transportation. These packs can have two 10 litre side pouches (rocket pouches) attached to the main 70L compartment (sold seperately). They secure via two heavy duty zips with buckles at the top and bottom to reduce unwanted 'bounce'.
This rugged ruck has survived a beating from the troops and is ready to be stuffed to the brim with another load. Use it for travel, load up some sports gear or store your camping supplies. One pack to carry them all!
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps and waist strap
- Two-way zip access to the main compartment with storm flap
- 70 litre capacity main compartment
- PLCE side pouch attatchment points to boost capacity to 90L when added
- Strong top carrying handles
- Padded lumbar
- Compression/sleeping mat straps on the top and bottom
- Shoulder strap cover with hook & loop fastening
- Durable 1000D nylon construction
- IRR (Infra-Red Resistant)
Capacity: Approx. 70/90 Litres
Main Compartment: 42cm H x 39cm L x 22cm W
Side Pouches: 35cm H x 11cm L x 20cm W
Content: 1000D Nylon / Metal Zips / Plastic Buckles
Condition: Used /Good - Signs of use/names/numbers marks